Saturday, May 26, 2007



WHY THE EIGHTIES HAD TO END™ #4

And reason #987 why youtube is the key to human enlightenment.

This is so bad it makes my skin crawl, and that mullet boy wired to the turntable with the seated pop-n-lock routine is transcendently terrible. LOVE. IT.

I never saw this video in the 80s, but if I had, I would have been eternally embarrassed. Now I'm just retroactively embarrassed.

Don't slap me, 'cause I'm not in the mood...


Like, I guess it's ok to slap her all the rest of the time. I think everyone involved in this should be slapped.

8 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I especially loved the floating disembodied head near the beginning.

But damn that song never ends, does it?

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yuk...thank God I'm a child of the 60's! I hated the 80's and you are reminding me why!

Good look back though.

FHB said...

I just can't abide this dance drivel.

phlegmfatale said...

barbara - it's torture!

mushy - it's particularly vile, and not necessarily indicative of anything but the worst of the decade.

fathairybastard - Uh, yeah, that's the point - it's spectacularly bad-- weren't you taking notes?

HollyB said...

Hey! The 80's weren't ALL bad...I gave birth to ABG and Son at the beginning {'80 and '82}, got divorced from ex- # 2 and met the Dearly Beloved at the end of the decade. See the '80's were GOOD to me!
And let's not forget the Boss! Some of the Cool kids already knew about Bruce, but us Nerds didn't hear his music 'til the 80's.

FHB said...

There was SRV in the 80s, and U2, and a few other things to save.

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks.

Now I'm gonna have that song bouncing around in my head all day.

phlegmfatale said...

hollyb - yes, there were some brilliant productions in the 80s. Some of it does make my flesh crawl, though...

fathairybastard - SRV - timelessly wonderful. Miss him still - can't believe it's been almost 20 years!

jerry - that's me - spreading sweetness and light everywhere I go!