Saturday, October 22, 2016

Gonna throw out a link with some important content:

Here's a link to Old NFO's Wordless Wednesday post. 

If a high ranking pol from any political party but the DNC were videotaped laughing about the prevalence of their election fraud, do you think it would be all over the mainstream media?  It would be, but this story is not.  Further, the running-scared media are lying to their audience, saying things like it's "illegal to read wikileaks" that prove how they(major "news" companies) have acted to affect outcomes in politics, business, and and international relations.  CNN wants you to feel guilty about looking at information their anointed politicians casually tossed off from unsecure servers with no concern for security, national- or otherwise.

How is the average American to feel, other than betrayed by these news organizations who do not report without bias, just the facts.  They tap dance double-time to shield the facts in some cases, and to mis-frame issues, altogether.

No linkey love for Michael Moore, but various outlets are reporting that in his new film, he states that he hopes that Hillary Clinton DID have Vince Foster killed.  "That's bad ass," he is reported to have said. 

Think of how horrible a person it takes to kill another person who knows too much about their shady business dealings.  Think of the scale of vileness their dealings have to have reached to necessitate the murder of people who know what they are all about: how can anyone want a person of that character for the leader of our nation?  Even joking about that telegraphs a dark cynicism about values and ideals on which our nation was founded.    Not funny.  I'm not laughing.

4 comments:

drjim said...

That's why my son changed his major from "journalism" to EMT/Paramedic.

He wanted to learn hoe to do real investigative reporting, and all they were teaching him was how to make sound bites and get ratings.

I'm proud of him for seeing through the BS that gets taught in "journalism" classes.

Old NFO said...

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

I am going to paste something I just posted to my internal blog. I resorted to same several years ago for values of four or five after giving up on public venues because the hackers never stopped knocking on the doors. Sure, I could have gone with the public hostings but it has become way past creepy.

Strange, phlegm may have given up the ghost. I miss that scene from ten years ago, and how odd it seems that that doesn't seem all that long ago, but it was.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Nein



But I would argue in retrospect that what we had at the time was far better than high school. It was an exploration.

That is the exact word for what I miss about the blogs from ten years ago. It was an adolescence that has become a horror of advertisements, and this is my lament.

phlegmfatale said...

I'm sorry for the delay in posting your comment, Nein. Indeed, there was a golden moment of blogging about a decade ago. I will probably post frequently then sporadically, in turns, but I do mean to keep it going, anyway, if that's what you meant about me giving up the ghost.

There's so much in my life that is better because of blogging, including finding my tribe, and Phlegmfests, and Blogorado, and such. I have a great group of friends, and I cherish the real life relationships that have come about because of the medium of blogging. Change, alas, is bound to happen, even to perfect moments, and other things have distracted. Facebook, I admit, pulls a lot of focus for me, but when I have days I resist checking my phone for updates, I find I have a better and more productive day. Perhaps I'll even find my way back to a daily blog format. Blogging with comments has been a sort of limited interaction that created a sense of community, but the big social media platforms give immediacy in a way that is obviously satisfying on some level, and is clearly addictive, too.

I intend to write more, and to post more reflective posts of worthy quality. When I started my blog in 2002, I did so of a wish to keep something like a journal on which I could sort of mark time and keep a record of how I'm feeling about things in the moment. Perhaps I'll go back and read the whole thing one day, and perhaps not. But should I wish to do so, it's all here.

And I agree that it was better than high school. It was, indeed, a golden moment.