Monday, December 08, 2014

Nag. Nag. Nag.

I absolutely detest being nagged.

The receptionist in my orthodontist's office has a penchant for calling at the worst possible moments. I have told her repeatedly that I will CALL THEM when I am going to be in Dallas and have the time to go to their office for my retainer check. I've also assured her that I wear my retainers religiously. I've been told I can wear them just a night or two a week, but I wear them every other night now, because my teeth get sore if I don't wear them 2 nights in a row. How many times do I have to tell her I'm RIDICULOUSLY busy???

So, today, I'm doing my last minute review ALL DAY for my med/surg final this evening, when I am NOW getting passive-aggressive texts from her personal cellphone that double to my email account asking when I'll come in.

*IGNORE*

I have to say it gets my blood up. If I'm going to do something, I'll bloody well do it when I have time, and you nagging me will only make me dis-inclined to hurry about it. I resent people ignoring specific information I've given them that I'll get back with them, and disrespecting the level of stress and over-commitment in my school schedule. But a text from her personal cell phone to mine is OVER THE LINE.

Back off, heifer!

4 comments:

pediem said...

I fired the heating/AC company that put the system in my house when I built 8 years ago because of a similar problem.

The new front office girl failed to understand that if I work nights, I am NOT going to answer my phone at 9am when she calls. Repeated requests to call me in the afternoon went unheeded, so when my most recent contract with them was up, I switched to a new company.

And a detailed email to the company explaining why I was leaving them after so many years? Also went unanswered.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

It's almost enough to make you want to change orthodontists, I imagine.

Old NFO said...

Gah... Call the DOC direct...

Steve said...

Had a chiropractor years ago. He told my wife he wanted her to come back at a certain date. She said she would make an appointment if she felt she needed one. He ignored her statement and told the receptionist to set up an appointment.

My wife did not keep the appointment that she did not ask for, and we then got repeated phone calls a couple of times a week from the very aggressive receptionist. Which all went unanswered, but we knew she was calling from the caller ID unit.

Talk about how to drive away patients !!