Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Well, that's not it.

Today was my second Mental Health clinical, and I'm pretty sure that's not going to be an area that really draws me. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I think I would have difficulty maintaining the kind of detachment necessary for working and helping patients in that milieu. My hat is off to those who can, though.

Wednesday is my first Mental Health test of the semester, and Monday will be the first Med/Surg test of the semester.  Thursday is my first Med/Surg clinical at the hospital. I'm going to be in a Post Surgery/Trauma floor, so I'll be kind of throwed into the deep end. We'll see how that goes.

I'm of the mind that it takes someone special for every aspect of nursing, and every one of those specializations for its own reasons.

All I know is that although I do have some bit of anxiousness on a daily basis, I have nothing like my previous two semesters' level of anxiety. Let's see how my test results affect that state, though!

Cautiously optimistic, and taking large doses of puppy therapy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Fingers crossed. Not that you're going to need it. You are going to do just fine.