Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm wired.

Himself broke a metacarpal in his right paw, and I have beef stock cooking slowly overnight so I can get him some goodly dosage of collagen and the like while his bones knit. I'm thinking this stuff will help with my ankle, too. It smells amazing. Thanks to LabRat for the links to some great stock sites. Going to make more a habit of this. Also going to get my bones from a local Mexican meat market-- it's hard to find bones suitable for stock in the white-bread grocers.

My written Anatomy & Physiology final is in 7.5 hours, and I'm bouncing off the walls. I need sleep, but I'm ever-so-slightly spazzy.

*sigh*

I'm very nervous. I think I'm more nervous because I don't feel I've studied enough and I don't feel worthy of a good grade. :( I have studied quite a bit, but I could have studied more.

*more sighs*

Obliquely related, Netflix delivered Burke & Hare to me on Wednesday, so we watched it last night. Timely, wot with its anatomy tie-in.
I'll be so relieved when the test is over. I hope. *nail biting*


Wish me luck.

*************************
11:00 AM UPDATE - I think the the test went fairly well, but I'm still on tenterhooks about it. I was flooded with relief to have it done. You can measure the crest of the adrenaline wave I've been riding by the fact that I came over a hill today about 5 seconds after someone on the opposite side of the road had an accident after hitting a very large dog and it didn't even spike my freakout response. Smoke from the tires was still boiling off the pavement and the handsome beast was flailing on the road, long bushy black tail flashing in the early light. I drove through Starbucks for my green tea, and (being me) drove back to the highway to see what the situation was, and someone had taken the dog away, hopefully to an emergency vet place in town. I was relieved I didn't have to make a decision to be late for my exam or try to save someone's dog. The dog would have won.

Fingers crossed on the exam, though.

I did learn a few minutes ago that I made an A in Psych. YAY!
Thanks for all the well-wishes, folks!

9 comments:

danno said...

Luck!

Relax... You know what you know. Don't sweat the stuff you don't. I have great faith in you based on your recent posts.

$.02
Get 'er done!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Farmmom said...

good luck on your finals. You will do great!

As for himself get him some calcium with magnesium. It really will make a difference in the healing.

Keads said...

Good luck! Hang in there the end is in sight.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Hope you do great on the test, and hope Himself heals right up!

Speaking of stock, I found a recipe for slow cooker chicken with matzo-ball soup, that starts with the directions to make stock. If it turns out well, maybe I could cajole you into trading links and recipes?

Roscoe said...

"Burke & Hare" finally hit the US?

If you like Simon Pegg, Netflix "Run, Fat Boy, Run". He was also very good in "Ghost Protocol".

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Guffaw in AZ

Old NFO said...

Agree with Danno :-)

DaddyBear said...

Luck!

Rabbit said...

Yay! I bet you did fine on the A&P test. I've been sending the answers to your brain all week.

Herself has a bottle or four of some Mexican patent medicine called "Reumofan Plus" which is supposed to help with cartilage, bone, and connective tissue problems. It came highly recommended by her cousin-in-law, who has certain knowledge of such things. Four or five days of it sure seems to have made a difference for her, especially her shoulder where she has the failed rotator cuff surgery (which was redone but all work eventually backed out due to nosocomial infection). She says it helps her fibromyalgia pain as well. If she says it helps, I believe it. Might be worth sending Himself around to the local tiendas and curanderas looking for a bottle just to test.

Holler when you can. Email and phones are still the same.

Hugs,
Rabbit.