Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yay - I took the lampshade off the doglet tonight and she's not chewing her paws. Hallelujah. I hate having her wagging that thing around hang-dog style - it makes her seem so downtrodden and sad.

Project Runway - ok - I've been peeking at images online - I think the best collection (though it's not totally unified, in my eyes) is Jeffrey's. I felt bad for him today when he was talking about his violent father and how he wants to be a good father to his son, I felt sad for him, and happy that he'd come through so much.

After the earlier incident of cheating this season, I hated hearing him accused of having help on his sewing, and I hope they were wrong about that. It seems like maybe this is a tempest in a teapot that producers are inflating a bit to create buzz - like maybe they were all getting along too well. I also thought it was sad to see that beer bottle on his bedside table - as though the stress of it all had tumbled him off the wagon - I hope that was just some exotic water bottle, but I doubt it. You may say I'm a dreamer.

Laura's husband was not at all the button-down type I expected to see rather than the Graydon Carterish-type. Overall I liked the pieces in Laura's collection best, but I think she has two major mis-fires that are going to trip her up totally. There's a jacket & shorts set that I find beastly, and the black dress with the feathers at the shoulders looks like a costume piece from maybe the 60s or something.

Uli's collection is passable but sadly bereft of enough of the flowy wild prints we associate with her. So that one's a wild card.

Michael's collection is beautiful, but I think some of the skirts are too short&tight, too mid-80s. Eek.

I suppose we'll see. After this show is over, I'm FREE! At least unitl PR begins again. I'm not falling for the American Idol B/S this time, nor any of several other programs.
OK, I will keep DVRing House. But that's it!
I'm not addicted to television, I can quit any time.

9 comments:

Zelda said...

The only thing I liked of Jeffrey's was the yellow dress.

Laura's stuff is consistently good, except when she does anything with feathers.

I really like Uli's black and white dress and the blue one which was shorter.

Michael I just plain like. I don't know why. Everyone else is a better designer, but I just like him.

shpprgrl said...

I'm thinking of dropping idol too. But I don't know if the rest of the house will.

Dick said...

I'm gonna try not to admit to ever seeing this show, but ya know what? That redheaded bitch ought to have her ass handed to her for being a tattletail.
Especially, when she had no proof, just a feeling.
Now that's a rotten bitch.

Nope, never seen it.


Top chef on the food channel starts tonight I think, be there.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

The big red POWER button also turns it off!

Anonymous said...

House rules. These baseball things are getting on my nerves in a big way. Earl is, I don't know, it reminds me of pot.

Other than that, network television just totally sucks.

Some bastard has put lemon juice in my lox.

FHB said...

I thought it was a bit catty of her, like she was out to get him. Hope he didn't fuck up and get himself ejected. He's obnoxious as hell, but the show wouldn't be the same without him. Was interested to hear the last ejected guy insinuate that the producers planted the books. Know from what I've seen on other shows that they will pull stuff from time to time to get the show spiced up.

phlegmfatale said...

zelda - well, it was made for a woman with no tits, but that slinky blue number Jeffrey made was divine. Yeah, I love Michael, too - he's super. I think the black gown with feathers by Laura is one of the looks that is going to sink her hopes of winning.

shpprgrl - I'm the tv dominatrix, so very few things are watched around here without my express interest. mwahahahaha!

big dick - I'm curious about the chef show, too - it sounds like they keep out the long knives.
As for that red-headed bitch, I don't know - I think it IS a question of craftsmanship, and I think considering how great the odds, it is a valid concern. I also think that she went about it in as classy a way as possible, and was up front with him and didn't just let Tim or someone else spring the news on him. I think in a situation like that - a possible career-making competition - that it's not so easy to blow off something that looks very suspicious. It will be interesting to see how it all winds up next week.

mushy - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

nientology - Earl is funny.

fathairybastard - I can see why it looked catty, and I think the producers edited the whole thing to have that appearance. He's NOT ejected - he definitely showed at Fashion Week. Now, whether or not he was out of the running for top designer remains to be seen. I agree - they play up tension in editing and position things to look like there is conflict when in fact, there is none.

Zelda said...

Oh I didn't see the final products, I was just talking about the dresses during the regular season. Did Jeffry have a slinky blue number during the regular season?

phlegmfatale said...

zelda - No the slinky blue number by Jeffrey is in the Olympus show - and I think it's one of the best dresses by anyone this season - Like I said - only the breastless could wear it, but it's a lovely bit of garb, nonetheless.